Home Learning (Covid-19 Response)
We hope our Oratory families are keeping safe and well during these uncertain times. We would like our children to continue their learning thus we have created this Home Learning Area with additional information.
Try to keep to a routine from Monday to Friday as this will help your children manage their learning.
More importantly, have fun and enjoy this time with your children!
- Religious Learning and Prayer at Home
- Easter - YouTube: Superbook He is Risen
- Easter - YouTube: Shine Jesus Shine Hymn
- May - YouTube: Month of Mary
- May - YouTube: Make an Altar for Mary
- May - YouTube: How to Pray the Rosary
- May - Stuart Bathurst Month of Mary Newsletter
- Pentecost - YouTube: Tower of Babel and the Day of Pentecost
- Pentecost - YouTube: The Seven Gifts of Holy Spirit
- Pentecost - YouTube: My Hands are Yours
- Pentecost - YouTube: Gifts of the Spirit
The following are some links to some websites who have resources to support children who may have additional needs:
- National Autistic Society – guidance and helpline for parents’, young people and staff.
- Place2Be – guide to helping parents answer questions from their children and to support family wellbeing.
- Young Minds – talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family wellbeing.
- Carers UK – guidance for carers.
- Covibook – an interactive resource designed to support and reassure children aged 7 and under, designed to help children explain and draw the emotions that they might be experiencing during the pandemic.
- Amaze – information pack for parents.
The following are documents with guidance and advice related to SEND:
- Birmingham CC: Communication and Autism Team (CAT)
- Birmingham CC: Educational Psychology Helpline
- Birmingham CC: Learning Difficulties Information
- Birmingham CC: Sensory Support Service
- Birmingham CC: Top Ten Tips to Help Your Child
- Birmingham CC: We're Here to Help
- Coronavirus Information for Young Children
- Mencap: Easy Read Guide to Coronavirus
- How to Deal with Anxiety in Children
- List of Useful Websites for Home Learning
- Amazing Educational Resources – daily updated free resources.
- BBC: Ten Pieces - making music at home.
- David Walliams - free audio books from the children's author.
- Out of the Ark Music - singing activities at home.
- Scouts - great indoor ideas from the Scouts.
- The Body Coach – daily live exercise at 9.00am with Joe Wicks.
- YouTube: Harptoons - live drawing classes for children.
- YouTube: Natasha Lamb - daily sign language sessions.
More Advice on the Coronavirus
- Coronavirus (Covid-19): The UK Government Reponse
- Coronavirus (Covid-19): Guidance for Places of Education
- Coronavirius Advice for Places of Education: Public Health England
Contacting the Leadership Team
If you would like to contact a member of SLT during the closure of school please do so by calling the following numbers:
- Nursery/Reception - Gemma Lloyd on 07856 991 184
- Years 1/2 - Gloria Herrera-Siles on 07856 991 195
- Years 3/4 - Sandhya Galloway on 07856 991 273
- Years 5/6 - Pam Corns on 07856 991 194
If you become concerned about your child’s safety or another child, please contact Mrs Dickinson (Lead DSL during school closure) immediately via email email@example.com or if you have any safeguarding concerns about a child out of school hours, please call Birmingham Children's Advice and Support Services on 0121 303 1888.
Documents on this page are all pdf files unless otherwise specified.